Free Support for Extender SETUP CALL TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear Router Login
Netgear router login is an ultimate process that helps you to manage your router settings. For accessing the advanced settings of the router in order to change them or to control your router, you need to sign in to your account. This will help you to enhance your experience as you can customize your settings as per your preferences. The following are some of the functions that you can perform, using your account.
- Get information about the devices that are connected to the router.
- Improve the security of your account by changing the default password.
- For better security, you can add parental control.
- Update the firmware of your Netgear router and much more.
For signing in, you need to move step by step with the below-given procedure. This will guide you all the way to reach your account successfully.
You can also seek the help of our technical experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
How to Log In to Your Account?
Step 1: Connect your router to the system.
The first step of the Netgear router login process is to connect your Netgear router to the computer system. For establishing the connection, you need a Netgear router, modem, LAN cable, and power cable. Make sure you have all these, then follow the process provided below.
- Take the modem and attach the power cable to it to turn it on. Make sure the power light of the modem is lit.
- Attach the ISP cable to the modem. You will get this cable along with the purchase of the hardware device i.e. modem.
- Then, connect one end of the LAN cable to the modern and another end to the Netgear router. The port on the router is either yellow in color or different from the other ports available on it.
- After that, using another LAN cable, you have to connect your router to the computer. You can insert the LAN cable into any one of the available four ports on the router.
- Finally, connect your Netgear router to the power socket via a power adaptor or cable.
Step 2: Open a web browser.
The next step of the Netgear router login process is to launch a web browser on your computer system that is connected to the router. Any of the web browsers can be accessed, for instance, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.
Step 3: Visit the Netgear router login window.
Now, you need to move to the login window of Netgear. In order to reach the desired window, you will be provided with the two options.
* Through URL:
You need to enter the “routerlogin.com” URL in the address bar of your internet browser. Alternatively, you can also type “routerlogin.net”. Carefully enter the URL and hit the Enter key.
* Via IP Address:
For visiting the Netgear router login webpage, you can also provide the default IP address of your router in the address bar. The default IP address can be replaced with the URL to reach the preferred window. To locate the IP Address that you need to enter, you have to take the router and turn it down. You will find a label with the IP Address at the back of the router. However, you can also search for the IP Address using your computer system.
Step 4: Enter the Credentials.
In the next window, you need to enter the Netgear router login credentials in their respective fields. In case you are signing in for the first time, then you need to provide the default login credentials. The default router login username is “admin” and the default password is “password”. Carefully enter the credentials to reach your account successfully.
However, the Netgear router provides you with an option to change the default password from your account.**
Step 5: Save the Entered Credentials.
On using a personal computer, you can save the credentials that you have entered in the given field. This will save your time of entering them again and again. In order to do so, Netgear asks you to tick mark the provided checkbox.
Step 6: Confirm the process.
The last step of the process is to click the “Ok” or “Login” button, what-so-ever is provided. On clicking this option, you will be redirected to your account.
** Once you reach your router account, you can change this default Netgear router login password and set a new one for better security of your account. In order to change, click the “Advanced” tab and then click “Setup”. After that, select the “Set Password” option. Afterwards, enter the default password and then create a new password for your account security. At last, click “Apply” to conclude the password reset process.