Free Support for Extender SETUP CALL TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Instructions you should follow for Netgear Extender Setup through Mywifiext
We are here with some easy steps that will help you in setting up your Netgear Extender without any difficulty.
Turn on your Netgear Extender
- Hook up your Netgear range extender into an electrical outlet.
- Thereafter, you have to wait until the Power LED of the extender turns green. In case, if the power LED doesn’t turn green, push the “ Power On/Off” button on the range extender.
Establish The Connection Between Extender and Computer
- To establish the connection you have two options wired or wireless.
- For the Wired Connectivity use the Ethernet cable to connect your computer and extender.
- For the Wireless Connectivity, use the Wi-Fi Connection manager and link to the extender network i.e “Netgeat_ Ext”.
Access The Web Address Mywifiext
- Move to the Netgear Installation Assistant webpage using the URL “Mywifiext.net”.
- From the next window, tap the “New Extender Setup” tab.
Redirect You to the Netgear Extender Webpage
- With this, it will take you to the Netgear Extender webpage. Here, you have to create an account. For this you have to enter, the details like Email address, password, re-enter the password, select question, and answer, etc in their respective fields accurately.
- Once you have mentioned the details correctly, tap the “Next” button that is located in the middle of the page.
Reach the Welcome Window of Netgear Genie
- Login to the account with the same credentials mentioned at the time of account creation.
- It will redirect you to the welcome page of “Netgear Genie”.
- In the following window, you can select any one of the methods “Wi-Fi Range Extender” and “Access Point” to start the setup process of the Extender.
- Thereafter, opt for the “Wi-Fi Range Extender” tab to continue with the process.
Choose Your Netgear Wifi Connection
- The list of Netgear Wi-fi connection that is available nearby your location will be shown on the computer screen.
- Now, you have to choose the Netgear Wi-fi connection by selecting the checkbox provided next to the network connection.
- Click the “Next” tab in the middle of the page.
- In the next screen, type the Netgear router’s wi-fi password. Be careful while entering the password. Then, tap on the “next” tab given on the following window.
Choose Your Netgear Extender Network
- Select the network name (SSID) and password of your Netgear extender.
- Here, if you want to change the SSID and password you can do so.
- Hit the “Next” button.
Re-check the Extender Credentials
- The extender credentials will turn up on your screen afterwards. Ensure that you have entered the correct credentials and then press “Continue.”
- You will see a confirmation message that your Netgear Extender Setup is complete on your screen.
- This concludes the Netgear Extender setup process via Mywifiext.
You can also seek the help of our technical experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Q1.Where should be the Netgear Wi-Fi Range extender be placed?
The ideal location to position the Netgear range Extender is halfway between your wireless router and your device. But make sure that your Wireless Router must be within the wireless range of the router.
Q2. What are the issues that you face while setting up of Netgear Extender?
Some of the common issues that you might face while setting up your Netgear extender is:
- When there is no internet connectivity.
- Your Netgear extender is connected to the router but not with the internet.
- Unable to load the webpage of Mywifiext
- Forgotten the default user credentials in order to use the extender sign-in page.
- Mywifi.ex.local not working.
- Unable to reach the Netgear Extender setup page.
- The Netgear extender setup page keeps on asking for login credentials.
Q3. What is the Significance of My Wifi Extender?
NETGEAR Wifi range extenders help in keeping the phone, media players, and computers linked to Wi-Fi with a link on each side of your home.
- You can use the Netgear Wi-fi range extender to boost the current Wi-Fi network.
- It helps you to connect more than one PC to the Internet without making use of links.
- It expands the Wi-Fi spectrum with good performance in every corner of your home and office.
- Extender range Mywifiext gives you a fast Wifi speed.
Hence, this completes the entire procedure of Netgear Extending through Mywifiext.