Netgear Extender Setup is your initial move towards encountering the maximum capacity of these world-class switches. Basically, click on the button and pursue the connection for Netgear Extender Setup.
Free Support for Extender SETUP CALL TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear Extender Setup
Kill the dead zones in your Network connection with Netgear’s Wi-Fi Extender. A Wi-Fi extender is an excellent device to boost the range of your network connectivity. Netgear Wi-Fi Extender is easy to setup. Your extender just connects to your existing Wi-Fi router and enhances the output. The Netgear Extender Setup comprises of easy steps that you can follow.
Netgear Extender Setup Via WPS
- First of all, you need to unbox your Wi-Fi Extender.
- Then plug in the extender into a power outlet.
- It will be easier for the setup process if you plug in the Wi-Fi Extender in the same room as of your router.
- Thereafter, you need to check if your router supports a WPS setup.
- In order to search for the WPS button look at either the front or back panel depending upon your router.
- If you can trace the WPS button on your router, then press and hold it for some time to turn it on.
- There is a WPS LED on your router. This light indicates the connection status of your Wi-Fi Extender to the Router.
- If the connection between your router and Wi-Fi Extender is successful, the WPS LED on your Wi-Fi Extender will turn solid green.
- Check if your Router Wi-Fi supports the 5GHz band.
- If yes, and you want to extend this band Repeat the WPS process one more time.
- Now, you can unplug the extender.
- Next, you can move it to a new location.
- This new location should be somewhere in between your Router and the device you wish to connect.
- Make it a point, that this location is within the reach of your Wi-Fi Router.
- Plug the extender in this new location and turn the Power on.
- Wait for the extender to switch on properly.
- The Router link LED that is present on your Wi-Fi Extender will tell you the status of your connection with the router.
- If the light is amber or green you have found an ideal location for your extender.
- Otherwise, if the light is still red, try shifting the device more towards the range of the router.
- This enhances your Wi-Fi Extender’s connectivity with the Router.
- Now, set your device in an ideal location. For this, bring your Wi-Fi enabled device close to your Wi-Fi Extender.
- Your Wi-Fi extender uses your existing Wi-Fi name. However, it adds “_2GEXT” or “_5GEXT” to the existing name in the end.
- To connect, click on the “Connect” icon. You will be asked to enter your password.
- Your password is the same as your Wi-Fi. Enter that and don’t forget to choose the auto-connect option for further use.
- Alternatively, you can connect a mobile device with the Wi-Fi Extender.
- Now take this mobile device to a zone that was previously dead.
- Leave your device in the same dead zone and return to your Wi-Fi Extender.
- You need to check the Client Link LED.
- If the LED is Green or Amber your Wi-Fi network has been properly extended.
You can also seek the help of our technical experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Netgear Extender Setup Via Netgear Installation Assistant
Unboxing the product aligning it and plugging in part for all router is the same. The only difference in the procedure is the way to establish a connection between the Router and the Wi-Fi extender. It is possible that your Router does not support WPS. In such a case, you need to follow these steps.
- Firstly, connect your device such as a laptop or PC to the extender using a wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection.
- For establishing a connection through a wired Ethernet connection you need to connect the Ethernet port on the Wi-Fi extender to an Ethernet port on your computer.
- Or you can opt for the Wi-Fi method to connect. In this, you just have to open the Wi-Fi connection manager. Locate and connect to the Wi-Fi extender network called NETGEAR_EXT.
- Once the connection with your device is established, the Client Link LED will turn amber or green.