Free Support for Extender SETUP CALL TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear Extender Setup
Netgear Extender Setup can be performed in two ways as explained below.
Netgear Extender Setup Through WPS
When connecting to a WiFi Network, WPS method simplifies the entire configuration process. It is fast and convenient while little to no scope for any error. But, it supports only those devices i.e. Router and Netgear Extender that has a physical push-button for Netgear. Hence, if your Router supports WPS Setup, it is the best option for Netgear Extender Setup.
- Unbox your Netgear Extender and place it close to your Router.
- Turn On your Router and Computer. Then, connect them properly.
- Turn On the Netgear Extender.
- Now, locate the WPS button on your Netgear Router. Then, press it.
- Thereafter, press and hold the WPS button on your Router. You must hold it for a few seconds.
- As such, your Extender’s WPS LED will light up. This confirms that the device is successfully connected to the Network.
- Repeat this process for Netgear Extender Setup in case of dual-band Routers.
- As you complete the Netgear Extender Setup, unplug the Extender.
- Thereafter, relocate it to a preferred location and turn it on.
- Once you get a Green/ Amber coloured, stable Router Link LED, proceed further.
- Bring your Computing Device close to the Extender and connect it to the Extender’s Network.
- Finally, you may test the Netgear Extender Setup by connecting a Smartphone to the Network. Then, place it to a “difficult to connect” area. This must turn on the Extender’s Client Link LED.
You can also seek the help of our technical experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Netgear Extender Setup Through Installation Assistant
However, in case if your Router doesn’t support WPS Setup. Then, Netgear Extender Setup is possible manually by means of an Installation Assistant. In this method, your Extender is hooked to your Computing Device which is connected to a WiFi Network. Although, it is slightly longer and complex. But, it supports every kind of Devices and Network.
- Begin the Netgear Extender Setup by bringing out your Extender Device from its packaging box. Make sure to properly remove all the packaging material without causing damage to the device.
- For Netgear Extender Setup, you must have a properly functioning Router. Turn it On.
- Along with that, turn On your Computer. Then, connect it to the Internet either through an Ethernet Cable or a WiFi Network.
- Now, plug in the Netgear Extender to an uninterrupted Power Source like a Wall Outlet. Then, turn on the Extender for Netgear Extender Setup. You must look for its Power LED which must be lit and stable.
- Another key point to remember is that the Extender must be placed at a safe location which is close to the Router, preferably the same room.
- Thereafter, you must connect the Extender and your Computing Device. This can be done either on a WiFi Network or through an Ethernet Cable. Follow the given instructions for the same.
- WiFi Connection: Go to your Computer’s System Tray and look for WiFi Connection icon. If it is not visible, click on the Inverted Triangle icon to display the hidden icons. Then, go to the WiFi Connection Manager. Make sure the WiFi toggle button is switched on. Thereafter, select your Extender’s Network from the list of available Networks. You must look for “Netgear_Ext”. Select it and click on the “Connect” tab. When prompted, enter the “Password” for your Extender. Remember that it will take the same Password as that of your Router’s Network.
- Wired Setup: This is much simpler. All you have to do is plug in one end of your Ethernet Cable to your Extender while the other end to your “Computer”.