Netgear Router Setup is your initial move towards encountering the maximum capacity of these world-class switches. Basically, click on the button and pursue the connection for Netgear Router Setp.
Free Support for Extender SETUP CALL TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear Router Setup
Setting up your Netgear Wi-Fi Router is the first step towards the impeccable experience of seamless network connectivity. Netgear devices are amongst those devices that are known to be the best for both domestic as well as official use. The ideal way to get access to easy and strong network connectivity is through Netgear Router Setup.
Netgear Router Setup can be easily done using any of your devices, your PC, Laptop, Mobile or tablet. All you need for a Netgear Router Setup is to connect your device and then follow a few basic simple steps. For this, all you have to do is connect your wireless device to the preset wireless settings of your router.
There are two ways to do your Netgear Router Setup. Read both of them below. But the initial step is the same for any method you choose. The first step is to unbox your device and carefully align it as per the requirements of your device.
Netgear Router Setup Using Mobile or Tablet
Your Mobile or Tablet can easily be used in Setting up your Netgear Router. Follow the steps that are given below.
- Look out for the NightHawk App the “Google Play Store” or “Apple App Store”. The app is available for free download.
- As per the alignment of your device, attach the provided antennas.
- Now connect the Internet port to your router.
- Take the power cable of your router and plug it into the wall socket.
- Allow a few seconds for the Wi-Fi LED lights to adjust to normal.
- Ensure that your device has a connection with your router’s Wi-Fi network.
- You can do that using the default SSID and password that is available on your router.
- Now, launch the Netgear Nighthawk app on your mobile.
- You will get two icons to appear before you, “Existing User” or “New System Setup”. The “New System Setup” option is the one you have to select.
- The instructions that will appear now, will guide you to steps to Reboot your modem just follow them.
- From your cable modem or DSL, take the Ethernet cable and plug it into the Internet port of your Netgear Router.
- Once your device has completed the reboot process, reconnect your device to your router using your device’s Wi-Fi availability.
- For this, you have to use the default user name and password. You will find these defaults somewhere on your router.
- Return to the app to complete the installation process.
- The app will now help you to personalize your Wi-Fi settings.
- You can also select the password recovery questions for your admin credentials in case you forget them in the future.
- Since you have changed the Wi-Fi connection credentials you have to connect your device to your router one more time.
- The last step in the setup process is to check for the firmware updates.
- If there are any updates available then click the “Update and Install” Icon.
- Once this update is over, your Netgear Router Setup is complete.
- You can use your router now and connect to any device.
You can always maintain your Netgear account modify its settings and using your Netgear App anytime. The Netgear app also comes handy to keep the firmware of your device updated.
You can also seek the help of our technical experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
The process of Netgear Router Setup
- Take the Ethernet cable from your cable modem or DSL. Now connect this ethernet cable to the Internet port of your Netgear Router.
- Plugin your router to the electric socket and switch it on.
- Hold on for a few seconds, so that the LED lights on the panel of your router to be stably on.
- Now you have 2 options to connect your laptop or PC to your Wi-Fi.
- Either, You can use a cable to connect, Or you can connect in wirelessly, via default credentials.
- The back panel or the bottom panel of your laptop or PC has a description of the preset wireless settings of your Netgear router.
- In your laptop or PC, open the Wi-Fi connection manager.
- Enter the default SSID or WiFi network name of your Netgear router. You will find this default name and password on your router.
- Hit the connect button and you will be connected to your router.
- On your device, open any web browser, like Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- The Netgear Genie window will pop-up on your screen.
- If the Netgear Genie window fails to appear, click the address bar and type www.routerlogin.net and press enter.
- The instruction booklet provided with the router has your IP address. This IP address can also be used to access the website.
- Use the default username which is admin and the default password is password to log in. Now click on the “Sign-In” Icon.
- Now the Netgear Genie will configure the device. This will only a few seconds.
- A “Congratulations” screen appears as soon as the above steps complete.
- Click “Take me to the Internet” icon to affirm that your connection.
- Your www.routerlogin.net Setup is now complete.
- Now close all tabs, and reopen your web browser.
- Login to your account one more time using the default username and password only.
- Now you can use this account to modify all settings related to the router as per your preferences