Netgear Wifi Extender Setup is your initial move towards encountering the maximum capacity of these world-class switches. Basically, click on the button and pursue the connection for Netgear Wifi Extender Setup.
Free Support for Extender SETUP CALL TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear Wifi Extender Setup
There are times that you experience a dead zone in your WiFi Network connectivity. These dead zones can be killed by using a WiFi Extender. If you are using a Netgear Router for your internet connection a Netgear WiFi Extender is ideal for you. With Netgear WiFi Extender, you can never be off the network connectivity. Let’s know a little about the easy process of Netgear WiFi Extender Setup.
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup Via WPS
Netgear WiFi Extenders are the easiest and fastest way to boost the range of your existing WiFi. To perform the Netgear WiFi Extender Setup Follow the procedure.
- The first step in this process is to Unbox your WiFi Extender
- Then plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- To complete the setup process smoothly, we recommend you to plug in the WiFi Extender in the same room as of your router.
- For this process, you need to check if your router supports WPS setup. Look for the WPS button on the front or back depending upon your router.
- If you find a WPS button on your router, press and hold for a few seconds to turn it on.
- Your WiFi Extender has a WPS LED, this light indicates the connection of your Wifi Extender to the Router.
- If the Router has successfully been connected to your WiFi Extender, the WPS LED on your WiFi Extender will turn solid green.
- Check if your Router WiFi supports the 5GHz band. If yes, and you want to extend this band Repeat the WPS process one more time.
- Now, unplug the extender. You can now move it to a new location.
- This new location should preferably be halfway from both your Router and the device you wish to connect.
- Keep in mind that this location should be within the reach of your WiFi Router.
- Plug the extender in this new location and turn the Power on.
- Wait for the extender to switch on properly.
- The Router link LED that is present on your WiFi Extender will tell you the status of your connection with the router.
- If the light is amber or green you have found an ideal location for your extender.
- If the light is still red, try shifting the device more towards the range of the router.
- This enhances your WiFi Extender’s connectivity with the Router.
- Set your device in an ideal location. Now, bring the device that you wish to connect close to your WiFi Extender.
- The extender uses your existing WiFi name. However, it adds “_2GEXT” or “_5GEXT” to the existing name in the end.
- Click on the connect icon, and you will be asked to enter your password.
- Your password is just the same as your WiFi. Enter that and don’t forget to choose the auto-connect option for further use.
- Also, connect a mobile device with the WiFi Extender.
- Now take this mobile device to a previously dead zone.
- Once your devices are connected and placed in the dead zone, return to your WiFi Extender.
- Check the Client Link LED.
- If it is Green or amber your WiFi network has been properly extended.
Congratulations! You can now enjoy your WiFi Network with seamless internet speed.
You can also seek the help of our technical experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup Via Netgear Installation Assistant
Unboxing the product aligning it and plugging in part for all router is the same. The only difference in the procedure of Netgear WiFi Extender Setup is minute. It is basically on the way to establish a connection between the Router and the WiFi extender. It is possible that your Router does not support WPS. In such a case, you need to follow these steps.
- In this process, you have to first connect your device such as a laptop or PC to the extender using a wired Ethernet or WiFi connection.
- You can use a wired Ethernet connection quite easily. Use an Ethernet cable to connect the Ethernet port on the WiFi extender to an Ethernet port on your computer.
- Or you can go for the WiFi method to connect. On your WiFi-enabled device, open the WiFi connection manager and locate and connect to the WiFi extender network called NETGEAR_EXT.
- Once the connection with your WiFi-enabled device is established, the Client Link LED will turn amber or green.