Below-given is a comprehensive guide for Netgear WiFi Extender Setup. Along with the procedure to set up, you will also get the solutions for some generally asked questions that are related to the Netgear WiFi Extender.
Free Support for Extender SETUP CALL TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Benefits of Netgear WiFi Extender Setup
Netgear WiFi Extender catches the WiFi signals that are transmitted by the router. After that, it repeats the signals and spreads it to all the areas. This is a general benefit of the extender. However, using them you will get several other benefits such as:
- Removes or eradicates the dead zoned from your home or workspace.
- Compatible with all the devices such as the iPhone, laptops, tablets, iPad, etc.
- User-friendly interface that doesn’t need any technical knowledge.
- It uses the same SSID that helps to enjoy a seamless network connection.
- Establishes a high-speed network connection that works best for lag-free HD streaming as well as gaming.
Netgear Wifi Extender Setup
There are two ways in which you can perform the Netgear WiFi Setup procedure. If your router has a WPS button, then you can perform the WPS method. This is an easy and quick procedure. However, another method that you can opt for is via National Installation Assistant.
In order to perform WPS Netgear WiFi Extender Setup, you need to place your extender in the same room as the router and then press the WPS button from your Netgear extender followed by pressing WPS button from your router. Then, unplug the extender and place it halfway. This will complete the setup and now you can connect your device with the extended network.
On the other hand, if you want to complete the Netgear WiFi Extender Setup with National Installation Assistant, then follow the process given below:
- Access your computing device and connect it to the extender.
- Navigate to the National Installation Assistant window by typing “mywifiext.com”. Alternatively, you can also enter the default IP Address of your extender.
- Tap “New Extender Setup”.
- This will redirect you to the Netgear Extender webpage. If you already have an account, then enter the login credentials for signing in. However, if you are a first time user and looking forward for creating an account, then fill in the required profile details.
Note: At times, the Netgear Genie window does not appear on your screen. In that case, you are supposed to provide the default Netgear login credentials.
- Select “WiFi Range Extender”.
- From the list of available WiFi networks, select the Netgear WiFi network which you want to extend. Then, click “Next”.
- Provide the Netgear WiFi passphrase in the given field. After entering, tap “Next”.
- In the next window, you will get an option to change the SSID and security key of your extended network.
- In the end, click “Next”. The Netgear WiFi Extender Setup will get successfully completed.
You can also seek the help of our technical experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Q1. What is Netgear Genie?
Ans. Netgear Genie is an ultimate desktop application that is compatible with both PC and Mac. This application helps the users to manage their Netgear routers via a simple and user-friendly dashboard. Using this, you can easily monitor, control, as well as repair your home network.
Q2. With which model of the router will the Netgear extender work?
Ans. Netgear Extenders are the “Universal” extenders and this feature makes these extenders the first choice of the users. In other words, these extenders are compatible with all the routers available in the market.
Q3. What is the perfect location to place my Netgear WiFi Extender?
Ans. The ideal location where you should place your extender is halfway between your router and computing device. However, make sure your extender is within the range of the wireless router.
Q4. What are the default username and password for signing in to Netgear WiFi Extender?
Ans. The default credentials are:
Q5. Why is it important to keep your firmware on your Netgear device up-to-date?
Ans. Updated firmware helps to enhance the performance of your Netgear router along with increasing its stability and functionality. It helps in correcting issues that a user might face. Also, it adds new and improved features for your product.
Q6. If I want to perform the Netgear WiFi Extender Setup using the WPS (PIN) method, how can I do that?
Ans. For WPS (Pin) setup:
- Move to the Extender Sign-in window by typing “mywifiext.com”.
- Sign in to your account by providing the valid login credentials.
- Click Settings > Do More > Connect Devices (WPS).
- This will redirect you to the connected device via the WPS window.
- Click “Pin Number”.
- Enter the WPS Pin Number.
- Hit “Next”.